South Miami Pharmacy II, INC. – Miami, FL
SMP is a national, award-winning fertility pharmacy that prides itself in exceptional customer service and competitive pricing. We are also an award-winning specialty pharmacy that focuses on providing the best programs and services to help our patients manage their chronic conditions.
We have a state-of-the-art compounding facility that can customize our patients’ medication to the exact dosage and strength their doctor prescribes. Our retail pharmacy refills and ships all our patients’ medications in one box for an easy process, making prescription ordering and refills simple and easy.
The pharmacy is a fast-paced environment, where each interaction has intention and care, and the team works together for a shared purpose.
Handle incoming and outgoing shipments and preparing items for shipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Studies shipping notices bills of lading
- orders and other records to determine shipping priorities work assignments and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy completeness and condition of shipments.
- Determines space requirements and position of shipment in boxcars and trucks and lays out position of shipment.
- Determines routing and legal load limits of trucks according to established schedules and weight limits of states.
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications and seals loaded boxcars and truck doors.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
- Maintains vehicle maintenance report.
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Compiles records of unfilled orders.
- Posts weight and shipping charges.
- Prepares bills of lading.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates.
- Adjusts errors and complaints.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or General Education Development Certificate (GED)
One to three months related experience and/or training