Infertility can feel extremely isolating for couples. If this is something you or a loved one are dealing with, you may feel alone and find it difficult to talk with friends and family.
Even if it feels that way, support is out there. You are not alone, and there are many tools, resources, and people you can speak with to keep you informed with the options available to you and help you rediscover a new sense of hope.
Where Can I Get Support?
Support doesn’t just have to come from one person or a single book. There are many different sources you can find the help you need. Articles and books can provide information and a deeper dive into some of the emotional struggles one might deal with when facing infertility.
Support groups or other types of meetings can help you by speaking with others who have gone through or are going through similar struggles. Counseling with a professional, be it couples or individuals, can help you identify tools and strategies you can use to help rediscover hope.
Finding the Right Support Group For You
Support groups can be such a wonderful source of insight, information, and emotional support. To settle on the right support group for you in your area, we suggest speaking with your doctor. For additional information, you can check out the organizations below.
- Fertility Lifelines
- Tinina Q. Cade Foundation (TQCF)
- Fertility for Colored Girls
- Resolve, The National Infertility Association
- INCIID, The International Council on Infertility Information Dissemination, Inc.
Resources Available to Guide Individuals Coping with Infertility
Here are a few more resources that might help you. Feel free to reach out to us, as well, if you have any questions.
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine. This is ASRM’s patient website. It’s a great resource that has answers to many frequently asked questions, along with videos and fact sheets.
- RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association was founded in 1974. They provide many resources, including assistance in finding peer-support groups.
- Single Mothers by Choice offers info and support to single women who are considering or have chosen this path.
- Parents Via Egg Donation: An organization created to provide information to parents and parents-to-be and to share information about all facets of the egg donation process.
- Choice Moms is an organization founded to help single women who decide to become mothers either through adoption or conception.
- LIVESTRONG Fertility. This initiative of LIVESTRONG’s mission is a dedication to providing reproductive information, support, and hope to cancer patients and survivors whose medical treatments present the risk of infertility.