SMP Pharmacy Solutions is currently seeking a SQL Developer with 3-5+ years’ experience extracting data from a variety of platforms, performing data mapping, data transformation, and loading data to the target system. The position requires strong system and process analysis, ETL (SSIS), and T-SQL skills. The SQL Developer will be responsible for building and maintaining a data warehouse, including all data modeling, ETL, and development.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, management information systems, or a related field.
· Design database objects as necessary to meet ongoing business needs for reporting
· Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Functions, Jobs, etc.
· Maintain and support existing stored procedures, functions, views, etc.
· Support Provider data repository functionality and cleanup effort
· Support QC data integration; query existing data to produce properly formatted text files based on design specs provided
· Document new ETL processes
· Design, build, test, and execute ETL packages (using SSIS)
· Automate ETL jobs for recurring imports
· Create data file extractions and scripts (using T-SQL) to perform data related imports and data related tasks
· Work with data owners to understand legacy data and gather data requirements from the business. Be able to produce detailed data mapping documents
· Perform data analysis and recommend data optimization/performance opportunities
· Development and implementation of Power BI
· Other duties assigned as needed
· 3+ years of advanced experience using Microsoft SQL Server, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, and TSQL languages. (SQL Server 2016 preferred)
· Applicant must have a solid understanding of network and message processing technologies including HTTP, TCP/IP, TELNET, and Sockets
· Extensive experience developing queries, reports, and forms in database programs.
· Must demonstrate knowledge of ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) concepts
· Must have prior experience developing ETL programs using SSIS
· Experience retrieving data from various database platforms, web service APIs, flat files, etc.
· Data Modeling – understanding of normalization, transactional vs. reporting driven design, and data warehousing concepts
· Complex Query Design
· Stored Procedures, Views, Functions
· SQL Agent – Job creation, schedule creation
· SSIS – Design, develop, test and deploy packages
· Experience developing with Power BI a plus.
· Microsoft SQL Server: 3 years (Required)
· Power BI: 2 years (Preferred)