Fertility treatment is expensive. Most patients have no insurance coverage for their treatment, and even for the ones who do, some have coverage for the procedure, but not for the medications. Unfortunately, most people end up having to pay for their fertility medications themselves.
Because of the high cost of fertility treatment, many people have to get financing for multiple services – the fertility clinic, the medications, and more. This allows patients to pay off the cost of the procedure over several years, rather than having to pay the entire cost upfront. What’s more, with many of the participating lenders, you can submit one application for all of the fertility treatment amounts you need help with (fertility clinic, medications, genetic testing, donor services, etc.). Then, you’ll make your monthly payment to the lender, and the lender will coordinate payment directly to each of the providers.
At SMP, we’re a partner with some of the most common fertility financing companies, including Lending Club and CapexMD. These companies specialize in financing support for fertility patients, which means they are great partners in all aspects of the fertility journey. These financing providers also work with the majority of fertility clinics, so even if you need financing for medications in addition to your fertility clinic, you’ll only need to work with one lender. That’s a lot of time you’ll save by:
- Only submitting one financing application (which checks your credit to obtain the rate you’ll receive)
- Only submitting payments to one lender
- Only having to keep track of one account, that you can use with multiple fertility providers (clinics, pharmacies, etc.)
So, what are the steps when you want to get a loan for your fertility medications and pay it off over time, instead of paying the entire cost upfront? The process is relatively short and simple – and the SMP team is your ally in getting it done:
- Have your fertility clinic write the prescriptions for the medications you need, and send them to SMP.
- Get a pricing quote from the SMP team, so you know how much you need to be financed. SMP will get other information from you then too, such as the address where the medications should be shipped. The SMP team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (855) 255-5007.
- Apply for a fertility financing program online. Apply at Lending Club here, or apply at CapexMD here. Good news – applying for these will not impact your credit score! (If you’ve already applied for fertility financing, contact that company to add the price of medication to your loan.)
- Once you’ve submitted your application, it can be approved, and the loan amount sent to SMP, in as little as 1-2 business days. Then, the medications can be sent to you from SMP!
The good news is, the SMP team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you through this process. Any questions about the fertility financing program can be answered by our team. In one year alone, we helped SMP patients finance over $1 million in medications, at an average APR of 10.9%. The good news is, if you have good credit and elect a plan as short as 24 months, you can get an APR as low as 4.99%! At SMP, we get it – fertility treatment is expensive, and many people need help covering the cost. Help with financing is just one of the ways that we help patients with paying for treatment. Be sure to check out all five ways we help our patients save money on their fertility medications (including medications discounts, grant programs, and more).