South Miami Pharmacy II, INC. – Miami, FL
SMP is a national, award-winning fertility pharmacy that prides itself in exceptional customer service and competitive pricing. We are also an award-winning specialty pharmacy that focuses on providing the best programs and services to help our patients manage their chronic conditions.
We have a state-of-the-art compounding facility that can customize our patients’ medication to the exact dosage and strength their doctor prescribes. Our retail pharmacy refills and ships all our patients’ medications in one box for an easy process, making prescription ordering and refills simple and easy.
The pharmacy is a fast-paced environment, where each interaction has intention and care, and the team works together for a shared purpose. If this excites you, please join our team of dedicated Pharmacy Technicians in our state-of-the-art Call Center.
Assists Pharmacist by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps patients by greeting them in person and by the phone.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and orders
- verifying receipt
- removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures
- and regulations.
- Type prescription orders.
- Assists Pharmacist to prepare and dispense medication.
- Processes records of medication and equipment dispensed to patients
- computes charges
- and enters data in computer.
- Understands how to handle process and appropriately dispose of all waste materials
- including all levels of hazardous waste
- within the department.
- Abide by all SMP Policies and Procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
A minimum of six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Registered pharmacy technician in the state of Florida.
Knowledge of medication brand and generic names.
Knowledge of medical terminology.